Monday, June 25, 2012

Favorite Songs

Top 10 20 Favorite Songs (I couldn't decide on 10)

We all have our own soundtrack to our lives.  Some of us can't get enough Rock and Roll, while others feel true peace with Mozart.  My favorite songs don't just make my feel like tapping my foot, they make me reflect on my life and the people who have been a part and that are still a part of it.  We all have our favorite songs, the minute you hear that first chord or guitar strumming, you find yourself back in high school, a wedding dance, a happy time in your life, or maybe one of the lowest.  The song sometimes makes your day or makes you cry, but no matter how it makes you feel, it touches your soul. It reminds you that you are loved, that this world is bigger than just yourself.  So no matter if it comes from the radio, a jukebox, or your IPod, if the shoes fits..."Turn it up, this is my song."


20.  Last Call- Leann Womack

Oh we have all been there and if you haven't, well lucky you...
 

19. The Greatest Man I Never Knew-Reba

This song definetly is a tear jerker.  It really expresses many people's relationships with their fathers/grandfathers.
 

18. When I Get Where I’m Going- Brad Paisley with Dolly Parton

 This song reminds me of my Grandpa every time I hear it, plus it features Dolly, Holla!

 

17. Lost-Michael Buble

 Another one of those songs that we can all say, "we have all been there." Oh and again if you haven't, go f8ck yourself. :)

 

16. Boyz II Men- On Bended Knee

 Ohhh no he didn't, oh yes I went there.  

 

15. Never Alone-Jim Brickman ft.  Lady Antebellum

This is actually the first song Lady Antebellum was featured on and is one of my favorites.  Is it macabre to say I want this played at my funeral? 
 

 

14. Fix You- Coldplay

 I mean you basically want to conquer the world after listening to this song or at least fix that front porch light that has been on the fritz.

 

 

13. Someone Else’s Dream- Faith Hill

 Well I love 90's country, it was the music of my childhood.  Plus, the lyrics to this song represents the life of so many people.

 

 

12. Need You Now- Lady Antebellum

 A newer song, but I love Lady Antebellum as you have seen and will see on the next song.  Another one of those, "we have all been there" songs.  Again, if you can't relate to this song, oh enjoy your perfect life!

11.  Just a Kiss-Lady Antebellum 

The opening piano part in this song gives me goosebumps. PS I love the video.
 

 

10. Disturbia- Rihanna

 While you are dancing under your Umbrella..ella eh eh.  I'm listening to this song of Rihanna's.  Love the beat and the lyrics.

9. Hurt- Johnny Cash version

Although it was a cover, I though Johnny Cash made this song his own.  It really makes you reflect on the important things in life.
 

8.  The House That Built Me- Miranda Lambert

See previous blog, "111th St South"
 

7.  Fast Car- Tracy Chapman

Sometimes we all want to just get away from it all.

6. You Were Mine- Dixie Chicks

Again a great song everyone can relate to or maybe you can't if you don't have a soul.
 

 

 

5. All These Years- Sawyer Brown

One of my favorite country songs.  Amazing lyrics.
 

 

4.  Lovegame- Lady Gaga

Any running mix I make, this song is on it. Catchy, catchy, catchy.
 

 

3. How Great Thou Art- Carrie Underwood version

I of course have to have this song on my list.  This was the song my Grandpa would always sing at funerals and weddings and of course the minute I hear it, he is the only person I think about.  Many versions have been done of this popular hymn, however hands down Carrie Underwood's performance of this song last year was out of this world.
 

        

2. Falling Slowly-Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova from Once

Amazing movie, amazing lyrics.  Goosebumps.
 

1. Always on My Mind-Willie Nelson/Michael Buble

 This song really sums up the feelings we all have for the people who come in and out of our lives.  The "what if's?" and the "If onlys."  I prefer Buble's version over Nelson's. Garth Brook's, "The Dance" is probably number 0 on my list, but he refuses to put his videos on YouTube.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment