Thursday, July 12, 2012

Old Meets New

As I was sifting through boxes of pictures with my mom a few months ago for one of my previous blogs, we found some real "gems."  (Just ask my sister Meredith). We just thank the Lord every day she grew out of those glasses or I guess maybe she grew into them?  Anyways...Upon my treasure hunt for pictures I found this great photo booth picture of my dad when he was 19, I'm guessing his age by the date on the back of the print.


I thought the picture was very interesting and unique. So with the help of my great friend and amazing photographer, Landon Vonderschmidt, I set out to recreate it.  Landon and I found out all we really needed was a curtain rod, my bathroom curtain, a big bright flash, and  a doorway.  My dad was also styling with his ink pen and what I'm assuming is a notepad in his pocket.  I think maybe he moonlighted as a journalist in the early 1970's.  


The Big Flash




So here is the final product (2012) style. 


 Side by Side





Mostly my dad just makes me want to get a spray tan and also makes me realize he is a way better "smizer" than me.   Please see  video for more smizing details and tips.




So I urge you all to find a little inspiration in your life in the little treasures you find along the way.  From old to new to borrowed or blue, take a little time and smell the roses and if the shoe fits, you just might have yourself a really good art project y'all!


-R


My new photos courtesy of Landon Vonderschmidt Photography: www.landonvonderschmidt.com




No comments:

Post a Comment